Monday, March 17, 2014

Helping Hands

Greeting students at the entrance to MCS is my favorite morning duty! I love trying to learn or remember all the students' names as we exchange a "Good morning!" when they walk in. It's also sweet to watch parents hug and kiss their little ones and send them through the gate. Many of the preschool students even greet me with a Peruvian kiss on the cheek. 


Today, while I had the pleasure of being the door greeter, I witnessed the coolest thing. A first grader rushed in juggling his backpack and his lunchbox. After saying "hello", I asked, "Samuel, can you please tie your shoe?" And before he could even set down his lunch box, his friend Nicholas kneeled down and piped, "I'll do it!" It was precious! I couldn't help but snap a picture of Nicholas being a shining example of Jesus by serving his friend! 


Have I mentioned that I love my job? :)

A few prayer requests:
- Tomorrow I start teaching 5th grade PE. I only teach it 1 day a week, but I'm excited to get to encourage health and fitness with my students! Plus I get to run and play in the middle of my work day with 22 awesome kids, and I get to wear gym clothes! 
- We are short on a few text books. Please pray that we will be able to order them and get them here from the States soon. 


After that, he [Jesus] poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him. ~ John 13:5


2 comments:

  1. Prayed! ...And high 5 to Nicholas!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great you're teaching PE! Woooo hoooooo! Praying your kids will learn that in Him we live and move and have our being!

    ReplyDelete