Friday, March 18, 2011

Swing into the Jungle of 5th Grade!

Update:
The time is flying by! Today we finished the 3rd week of school. First English test and first reading prizes were given out today. There's so much excitement in the classroom. I'm loving my students and teaching all together! I've truly been blessed with a good class, which I'm especially thankful for my first year teaching. While they're generally very well behaved, today they were bickering a lot, so we took a time out from science and had a really great learning moment! We talked about working as a team, and that we are a family because we are brothers & sisters in Christ! Then I read I John 4:7- 21. Then Sebastian prayed for our class, that God would help us to show each other grace and love each other with our words and actions. What a blessing it has been to work in a Christian school!
Pray for:
- Quality time with God daily
- Continued Love & Patience with my students
- Guidance as I visit churches and pick one

Thanks for your continued prayers & support!
~Love, natalie

Swing into the Jungle of 5th grade! These students were hard at work today!
"Bananas for Books!"
Ann's monkey was 
the first to the top!
Happy Birthday to Priscila! She brought ice cream treats to share :) 

Volleyball during recess... I think I might even enjoy recess more 
than the students! I start coaching volleyball in about 2 weeks :)
I'm also thankful for friends to 
hang out with on the weekends!!

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! So proud of you. It sounds like you are really a blessing to those students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy teaching here. :)
    -- Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only all of those weekend friends were still there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banana monkey tree!! The kids look so happy!! When does the school year end????
    Great job Miss Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie - I am just soooooo proud of you. I knew you'd do great and the kids would love you. But we all miss you here at home. You are awesome! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting classroom environment you have for your students! I know you will do an awesome job with your students in Peru. Enjoy your time with them, it goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete