Sunday, April 8, 2012

At the Movies

My students are so creative, and I have enjoyed seeing the natural leadership abilities that some of them have! A group of 3 or 4 students planned a 5th grade class outing. Outside of school of course, and originally without parents either. Thankfully after some wise suggestions from a few parents and teachers, the students admitted that they, at the age of nine and ten, were not quite old enough to roam around LIMA, PERÚ unchaperoned. So besides that minor detail being worked out and the location being switched a few times, the students wrote invitations (in both English for me and a few other parents, and Spanish for the rest of the parents) and planned an outing to the movie theatre. I was pretty impressed with their initiative, and thankful that I was invited :)
Going to the movies with them also provided a fun atmosphere to be a little bit more relaxed with my students, and a great opportunity to connect with several of their parents. 

1 comment: