Sunday, April 8, 2012

cRaZy Eights!

cRaZy EiGhTs!!!
As mentioned earlier, I am indeed teaching 8th grade this year! I have been thoroughly enjoying it! They are a fun group of kids, and I love getting to work with students who are a little older. We are able to have a lot of great conversations, not only about grammar, vocabulary, spelling, writing, poetry, and literature; but also about how God desires to have a personal relationship with each one of us! 

How you can PRAY:
- Diligence for the secondary students as they really do have a full load. They start learning their 3rd language (Mandarin Chinese) in 7th grade. Our hope as a school is that these students will be "shakers and movers" that impact the world for Christ! 
- Diligence as their teacher. Secondary requires more time in preparation and grading!
- Girls' Bible Study. This week my roommates Amber, Kari, and I are starting a Bible study after school on Thursdays for the 8th & 9th grade girls. Please pray for God leading in this!

I was so blessed to get to know this student a little bit last year at camp,
and have her in class for 3 weeks this year before she moved!
I am praying that she and her family will have a smooth transition,
 and that God will continue to work in her life!
*I try not to share students' names on my blog,
but ask me her name sometime because it is sweet!
Love working with these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment