Monday, February 14, 2011

experiences..

Update:
I've been here for 6 days now, and I'm adjusting more each day. The people here are warm, friendly  and welcoming, just as I remembered them. I have already gotten to see some old friends, and meet several new ones! I've gotten to do several run things: 
- Wednesday I went to the zoologíco with the Frerichs' (fam I stayed with last time in Perú) and two other families.
  

- Saturday afternoon I went with the school director's family to Nelsa's (a secretary at the school) house to eat Aji de gallina, my favorite Peruvian dish!
- Sunday I went with the Frerichs' family to a church plant at the beach. Steve gave a powerful sermon, and Praise God, three women raised their hands for salvation! Then we spent the day at the beach... some of the biggest olas (waves) I've ever seen!


- Last but not least, I found out I will be teaching 5th grade, all subjects except math. I'm excited to see my classroom tomorrow and start preparing!
Pray for:
- Strength and comfort from God
- Wisdom & Creativity as I prepare for my fifth graders!
- Safe travels for my roommate Kari as she arrives tomorrow :)
thanks for your prayers!
~natalie

4 comments:

  1. Lovely apartment. Great photos!! Blake wants me to tell you that he is in 5th grade so you can ask us for ideas if you need them. : )
    So thankful for how God is giving you such a smooth and welcoming transition time Natalie.
    Makes us smile! Thank you Lord!! We love YOU and we love reading your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the updates, Nat! So thankful that your intitial times there have been a blessing, and you have felt comfortable!! We will continue to pray for these new changes, now.... keep trusting! If He calls you, He equips you. :) Love from the Johnsons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nata Nata I am so excited for you (: the apartment looks wonderful and everything in your pictures is so beautiful. God has really blessed you (: keep up the good work, i love what you're doing. And reading the parts of your blog in spanish is fun, because I actually know what you're saying before I see the translation! Love you, and my prayers are constant for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need any ideas on lessons or need anything. You can e-mail me at abigail.boring@dmps.k12.ia.us or dnaboring@gmail.com I am more than willing to help you as a first year teacher. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete