Monday, February 21, 2011

una semana buena / a good week...

Update:
Wow, what a great second week I've had! There is so much to tell... here's a list of some of the awesome things from this week:
      • Meeting my roommate Kari! Great roommate, teacher, and running partner :)
      • Almost got to go paragliding...the wind wasn't strong enough, but were going to try again!
      • Going to Lima's incredible water fountain park
      • Staying at school till 5pm 3 days this week... count down to first day of school... 8 Days. Although today is our first Teacher in-service day. Praise the Lord we still have a week to get ready! 
      • Surfing!! Got up 5 or 6 times in an hour or so, I'm hoping I can go at least a few more times while I only live 30 minutes from the beach :)
      • Got to help a Peruvian Chef in the kitchen, learned a few things, and am excited to learn more!
      • Tried a new church today, I liked it! I'm going to try out a few before I decide were to go, but this one will be in the running! (ps. I teared up a little during worship, because I thought of my church back home, love & miss you guys, you're not easily replaced!)
      • I got to make the Aji Cream
        sauce for this potato dish :
      • Met about 8 other missionary teachers from another Christian school close by, and we had some great fellowship (in English) today! 

      Pray for:
      - Teacher training that starts tomorrow! 
      - Getting used to the new "teacher routine"
      - That I would be bold in sharing my faith and look for opportunities to do so
      ~natalie

      No comments:

      Post a Comment